Friday, September 16, 2011

Narcissism

Been trying to catch my breath for ten years.
The superficiality of day to day life eclipsed by the unquenchable thirst for something greater.
A thirst kept at bay with a needle for the good part of a decade.
Modern technology spawning the narcissitic need to leave a legacy, something shared by an entire generation.
A generation of half assers; trapped in a perpetual, proverbial catch 22.
Ghosts of Christmas past haunting me, reminding me that I am only one small man in a lineage of men.
And at this moment, at this very precise moment, someone is being raped and murdered. Someone just found out that they have little time to live. A child has just lost his mother.
So much pain for every smidgen of beauty.
To find beauty in the pain is the only way to survive.
And to survive is a questionable goal.

3 comments:

  1. Banged this out in five minutes. Hope it isn't too substandard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. clearly, I am about to start my period. Woe is me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats awesome that you started a blog

    ReplyDelete